Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award



Rule #1: Thank the person who gave you your award.
                 Thanks to Mini Matisse for giving me this AWARD.  Wooh!  I feel so special.  I didn't know anyone had actually been reading seriously.  Her blog has lots of great art lesson plans too.
 
Rule #2: Share 7 things about yourself
                     1.  I have been married since 2006 to my wonderful husband Andrew, who is a radio news reporter.  We met in college in Illinois.



                    2.  We have a 10 1/2 month old daughter named Daria Jane, who is so much fun and lights up a room.  She has 7 teeth and has started to take her first steps.  She loves playing with rubber ducks and little people.


                   3.  Our dog Linus is so fun.  He's a schnauzer-poodle mix- a Schnoodle.  We got him from a rescue when he was about 8 months old.   I don't think he got a lot of attention from humans before us, because he was living at his breeders' house and they didn't even name him!  He was very skittish and scared around people for the past 2 years.  He's gotten better though.  We call him an emo-puppy because he is so moody.  He's very obedient for the most part.

                  4.  I live in Madison, WI which I think is the most beautiful place I lived.  Lakes, bike paths, cute downtown area, charming houses, tall trees, lots to do and see.  Andrew's sister and her family already lived here and since we moved here, my brother and sister-in-law, and Andrew's parents have since moved here. So it's nice to have some family in town.  We live only about 21/2-3 hours from my parents in Illinois.  
                   5.  I teach K-6 art at a private school in Madison.  It is a school for gifted and talented kids.  I am lucky because we have small class sizes, ample supplies and resources and a supportive parent population.  The art and music programs at our school are valued and we are lucky to be able to bring in artist-in-residents and go on field trips.  There is usually one or two music residences and we are able to have guest artists work with our kids on occasion.  For example, we had Sharon Kilfoy come make fiber dolls with our little kids.  We are having Greg Percy come this year for a "Songs in the Key of Art" performance.  


                     6.  As for my own personal art, I like to make jewelry, scrapbook, knit, make mixed media collages, sculpt with clay, shoot photography and alter it digitally, and lately I've been working with ceramic tiles and painting them with alcohol inks.  I'm going to start making some mosaic-type wall hangings.  

                    7.  Hmm... what else, I am 30 years old, like taking walks with my dog and baby, love to hang out with friends, and read books. 
Rule #3: Pass the award on to 15 bloggers whom you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic. 


              I've been hunting online for lots of inspiration lately and here are some that I love-- all art related
                 1. Briargrove Elementary Art
                 2.  The Crafty Crow
                3.  Carla Sonheim 
                4.  Sarah's Art Room 
                5.  Paper Art Studio 
                6.  I am an Artist
                7.  Karen Michel 
               8.  Danita Art  
               9.  Art Journaling as a Creative Process 
               10.  Lilla-a 
                11.  Gathering up bits of the World  
                12.  Pink and Green Mama 
               13.  Very Debra
                14.   Adventures of an Art Teacher 
                15.  Laugh Paint Create 

There are so many awesome art blogs I look at.  If you look under my profile on blogger, you can see the list of blogs that I follow to get more ideas.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails