Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tile Mosaic


The other tile mosaics I posted were just an "art illusion".  See I didn't actually glue anything down.  I was just trying to play with different arrangements before I actually made it permanent.  I decided the more tiles the better, make it look really busy.  My motto always tends to be "More is more."  These tiles include 4 large ceramic floor tiles that I bought at the hardware "reStore" and 10 smaller ceramic floor tiles.  These were painted with inks.  Then I have 8 small commercially made tiles.  Finally, 10 more pieces are made from Sculpey.  These clay Sculpey tiles were "test runs" for a project I want to do at school with the kids.  We make mosaics in the 4/5 class and I think it would be more fun to have them make some of their own tiles.  I tested out making some with regular firing clay also.  We'll see how those look when they are all finished.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails