Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Art Teacher Showcase Installment #1-- Stephanie Clegg

This is my first installment of Art Teacher Showcase, where art teachers across the world will be sharing with you their favorite lesson and invite you to visit their blog.  If you would like to participate, see the bottom of this post.

The first art teacher is Stephanie Clegg!
My blog is called Mrs. Clegg's Class blog.  My blog started out as a place for students to find out information about assignments and due dates.  It has since involved into more of a showcase for parents, the community, and other teachers.  I teach at a rural high school in Utah.  I am the only art teacher, teaching students 9 - 12.

My favorite project from this past year was Altered books and more altered books.

Here are a couple images from her altered book lesson.  If you want to see more, you'll have to visit her blog.
These are gorgeous!







____________________________________________________________________________

You can also be a part of art teacher showcase.  Here is what I posted earlier.
"Summer months are slow in blogland for teachers.  Most art teachers are taking a break from teaching all day.  Some are doing art camps or personal travels, but I know that in the summer months, not as many teachers post ideas, since we're not teaching full time now.  However, summer free time is a perfect time to research ideas, look at art eye candy, experiment and have fun!  So, what I would like to do to help you out in this summer is to feature different blogs.  Maybe one per week (or more if more people respond).  This will be awesome in several ways.  First, you will be able to get a taste of everyone's favorite art projects and visit new and different blogs.  Second, YOUR BLOG could (and will, if you submit a response to me) be featured and more people will visit you and see all the wonderful things you are doing.  We all make new friends and get new ideas for next year!  Sounds great?  Well it will be!!  So I need your help.  If you want to be featured on my blog, then answer the following questions.  Please email them to me at marciadotcom@yahoo.com.  Don't comment on this post with your answers.  If you do email me your answers, you will give me permission to post a couple images from your blog to include in the blog post (with of course, a link to your blog).  If you only feel like answering a few questions, that is fine too.  I would also be happy to feature your own personal artwork.

1.  The name and URL of your blog
2.  A brief description of your blog and why it is awesome.  Tell us where you live and work, what you do, etc. 
3.  An example of a tried and true art lesson favorite that you have taught. (could be in a workshop setting, school setting, or just with your own children or yourself, no exclusions here!)  Give me a link to a post about that lesson, so I can include a link and photo.
4.  A favorite, must-have art teacher or art technique book.
5.  Your favorite product for the art room.

So, what are you waiting for? Email me today about your blog!!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails