Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Puppets!

Puppets were made during my summer art class!  For this project, I drew a puppet template, which the kids traced and cut out from felt.  They cut out 2 pieces, a front and back.  Then, I hot glued them together.  The kids then cut out other pieces of felt and added googly eyes to decorate their puppet.  They attached these pieces with Elmer's glue.  We added a large stick inside also to hold the puppet up.  We made these really fast because we ran out of time and the kids really wanted to make puppets.  I think the children did a great job!



Puppet in progress-- the glue should dry clear!

3 comments:

Waterfront Montessori said...

These are great, gonna forward the link to our puppet-crazy Art teacher. She loves sock puppets the best, but I'm sure she'll get a kick out of these too

Allie said...

Wonderful! I love art that kids can keep creating with as imaginative play after!

April said...

I have never had my daughter make a puppet even though we play with them plenty, I really have to put it on my to do list!

Coming thru from Link & Learn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails