Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Monday, June 20, 2011

wi protests

I just discovered a new blog, O'Keefe's Backyard.... and she's another art teacher in Madison!  (where I live)  Since I'm not part of the public school district (I teach at a private school), I don't know all of the art teachers in my city.  One of the posts she made was about some of the political art that has been cropping up in Madison because of the bill stripping public workers of collective bargaining rights.  So, this in combination with the budget (which will slash millions of dollars from things such as Medicaid and public education, while giving tax breaks to businesses) has led to months of massive protests, people camping out and large groups of people trying to get senators and the governor recalled.  It's been a non stop circus here in Madison.  Anyways, what i was saying is that the post she made about political art reminded me about some of the pictures I took of some pretty decked out political cars.







If you want to see more pictures of the protests check out this flickr group.

Here's a video about some of the protests.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails