Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Old School Lesson Plans

During the summer, I'm going to dig back to some of my old lesson plans that I had posted on artsonia.com to show to you.  Maybe I will revisit these again during the upcoming school year.  This was favorite of mine and I don't know why I stopped teaching it. The pictures all turned out gorgeous.

CUBIST CATS  for Second Grade
The kids learned about Picasso and his dynamic, fragmented Cubist artwork.

1.  First we did a step-by-step drawing of a cat.  I demonstrated, then they drew on their paper.  The cats all ended up having their own personality even though we followed the same steps.
2.  Next, take a ruler and draw diagonal lines through the cats.  Divide up the space to create the fragmented feeling.
3.  Go over the lines with a black marker.  Finally color in each of the sections with a different color colored pencil.


Teacher Tip:  Demonstrate how to color with colored pencils in an even and solid manner.
The artist books by Mike Venezia are awesome.

1 comment:

Tisha Smith said...

Thanks for sharing. I did this lesson w/ my students!
Here it is:
http://artwithmrssmith.blogspot.com/2012/01/cubism-cats.html

tisha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails