Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Buried in Bricks

My husband has hobbies too!  He is really into building Legos now and he even started his own lego blog.  I think the title of his blog is cute and I love the picture he put on his heading.  Let me tell you, between my art related and scrapbooking hobbies and his Lego/Magic/comic book collections, we have no shortage of STUFF around here!  Anyways... there are no official Lego stores in Madison where we live, but one JUST opened an hour away from us in Wauwatosa, WI.  Andrew just started becoming involved with the local Lego group here.  (They're called LUGS-- Lego user groups)  Have you been to a Lego store before?  You know how they have all those floor models set up around the store?  Well, they usually send those to the LUGS for them to build.  Andrew spent a whole day in Kenosha with the Lego group there building all the sets for the store.  They had some really cool set ups.  So, when the store opened last week, we went out and visited the store.  Also, the people that volunteer to build the sets got discounts, so that made Andrew really happy as he was able to pick up some items he wanted for less money.

These are the feet that Andrew made!


I think this one was my favorite!





Here is Andrew and my little girl Daria.  I think Daria was more interested in her Hello Kitty book than anything else.




4 comments:

Phyl said...

Oh my gosh, Marcia! Too funny! I love love LOVE the Lego feet! And I love that your adult husband is still using his Legos!

My son (now 23) as a kid was a Legomaniac. His Legos now reside at our lake 'camp' (what most people would call a cottage). We have Thanksgiving dinner there every year, and since the boys graduated from high school, his best friend when available joins us after dinner and spends the night. The two 'boys' build with the Legos into the wee hours - one year we woke in them morning to find two flying vehicles -one, the friend's, was engineered beautifully, all black, and my son's was the opposite - colorful and totally wacky. Another year it was a tower that stood about 7' tall. The bricks are sitting silent these days, but seeing your husband's blog makes me know they will get played with again some day! Your husband needs to round up some followers!!

I've never been to a Lego store - there are none around here - but I always thought a trip to a Legoland would be awesome.

DIAN said...

Isn't it amazing to see what can be made with Leggo. I will visit the blog when I find time. I am so far behind with my craft blog reading - I hope to catch up soon.

Hope Hunter Knight said...

I just returned from Legoland in Florida. My 11year old son has been Lego-crazed since he was about 4. I can't think of a better wray to develop your creative thinking, especially when you put down the guide and let your imagination go. Right now, my son's favorite part is customizing minifigs - sanding and distressing the original pieces and adding personal designs with paint, stickers, sharpie. I really get a kick out of what he does. Enjoy!

Marcia Beckett said...

Legos can be a very fun creative tool. Hope, I'd love to see your son's figures. That sounds really cool! Phyl, Andrew just started his blog so he doesn't have any followers yet! Definitely save the Legos, because a) some of the older sets can be collectible and b) some day you may have grandkids!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails